- Great Info (Pty) Ltd (“we” or “us”) hosts a website under domain name www.greathomes.co.za (“the Website”) and hosts spaces for the online marketing of property listings for sale or for rent and the advertising of service providers in the real estate, legal and related industries (collectively “Advertisements”). The Website, referred to as “the Portal” in these STC’s.
- Greathomes.co.za may amend these STC’s at any time.
- APPLICATION TO CLIENTS AND USERS
- For clients that place advertisements with GreatHomes.co.za, these STC’s together with the signed agreement (“the Contract”) concluded between GreatHomes.co.za and each client who advertises on the Website (“Client”). If there is any discrepancy or conflict between these STC’s and the Contract, the provisions of the Contract will apply.
- For other users, by logging in, registering on, accessing or using the Website, all persons making use of the Website (“Users”) agree to be bound by these STC’s, except those provisions which, explicitly or implicitly, only apply to Clients.
- The Website is only available only to Users/Clients over the age of legal majority of 18 years who can form legally binding contracts.
- GreatHomes.co.za’s GENERAL OBLIGATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- Great Homes must provide the following services to the Clients and Users:
- display and market on the Website, such Advertisements as provided to it by the Client from time to time and subject to the limitations as to the number, type, content and design of Advertisements as reasonably determined by Great Homes.co.za from time to time;
- Great Homes.co.za may, in its discretion, place or forward any of the Advertisements that were submitted to the Website to any of the Affiliated Sites or the Publications for publication.
- Great Homes makes no warranties of any kind regarding the standard of the services or the content on the Website and, in particular, Great Homes does not warrant that:
- the Portals are error-free;
- the Portals will be accessible and operative on a 24 hour-per-day, 7 day-per-week basis; and
- that any downloads or applications accessed through the Portals are free of viruses, Trojans, or other harmful mechanisms.
- USE OF THE WEBSITE
- Each User acknowledges that Great Homes does not verify or warrant the accuracy or completeness of the Advertisements or other information on the Portals.
- Great Homes uses “cookies” on the Portals to enable it to personalise each User’s visits to the Portals, simplify the signing-in procedure, keep track of your preferences and to track the usage thereof. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored in the hard drive of the User’s computer by the browser. The browser will have the option to prevent websites using cookies, but this may reduce the functionality of the Portals.
- No User/Client may:
- disguise the origin of information transmitted through the Portals; nor
- place false or misleading information on the Portals; nor
- use or access any service, information, application or software available via the Portals in a manner not expressly permitted Great Homes; nor
- input or upload to the Portals any information which contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, intercept or expropriate any system or the Portals nor
- upload any Personal Information or other data that infringes the intellectual property rights or privacy rights of another; nor
- link any page on the Portals without Great Homes’s prior written consent. The Portals contains links to other third party websites over which Great Homes has no control. Great Homes does not recommend any products or services advertised on those websites and the Client/User uses them at its own risk.
- INDEMNITIES AND WAIVERS
- Each Client and User hereby acknowledges that:
- Great Homes is not an estate agent, attorney, financial adviser or other professional adviser;
- each Client/User is responsible for the negotiation and conclusion of any agreements that may result from the posting or access to Advertisements on the Portals;
- there is no obligation on a Client/User to make use of any of the service providers advertised on the Portals;
- Great Homes does not regulate or take any responsibility for the content, accuracy or completeness of the Advertisements, the Client’s/User’s information or for the security of the Client’s/User’s passwords in respect of the Portals.
- DIRECT MARKETING, COOLING OFF PERIOD AND REFUNDS
- In this clause, a “Direct Marketing Contract” is any contract, including an upgrade of or an extension of a contract, concluded between a Client and Great Homes as a direct result of Great Homes approaching that Client, either in person, by mail, phone, fax or sms, for the purpose of promoting or offering to supply a Client with its services pertaining to Advertisements on the Portals, but excludes contracts concluded as a result of an approach by a Client to Great Homes, whether by phone, sms, email or other method.
- A Client may, without reason, cancel a Direct Marketing Contract, by giving written notice to Great Homes within 5 business days of concluding the Direct Marketing Contract.
- Within 15 business days of receiving written notice of cancellation from a Client, Great Homes will refund the Client the total amount received by the Client in respect of that Direct Marketing Contract.
- Great Homes will not commence providing any services in respect of a Direct Marketing Contract until expiry of this 5 business day period unless Great Homes decides otherwise.
- Each User and Client hereby waives any rights or claims it may have against Great Homes in respect of any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential) or expense of any nature whatsoever, which may be suffered as a result of the User’s or Client’s use or inability to use the Portals or the services or content provided from and through the Portals.
- THE CLIENT’S OBLIGATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- The Client must, at its cost:
- include the information and details on each Advertisement as reasonably specified by Great Homes from time to time;
- ensure that none of the information or Advertisements provided by it to Great Homes includes any content that:
- is false, misleading or incorrect;
- may be considered abusive or offensive;*
- infringes the intellectual property rights of any third person; or
- infringes the privacy and protection of personal information rights of any third person;
- comply with all applicable legislation, laws and regulations in regard to the conduct of its business and the placement of Advertisements on the Portals.
- The Client warrants that the content, form and design of the Advertisements and other information provided by the Client to Great Homes does not, and will not, infringe any intellectual property rights of any other person. The Client indemnifies Great Homes and holds it harmless against any claim made against it as a result of this warranty not being true or any other breach of these STC’s or the Contract.
Great Homes BELIEVES THAT ALL CONSUMERS SHOULD BE TREATED
EQUALLY REGARDLESS OF GENDER, RACE, CREED, SOCIO-ECONOMIC STANDING OR
NATIONALITY. WE WILL NOT CONDONE OR TOLERATE ANY FORM OF DISCRIMINATION FROM
OUR USERS AND EXPECT THEM TO CONDUCT THEMSELVES ETHICALLY WHEN ADVERTISING
THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
Client and User undertakes to:
confidential all information, whether written or oral, concerning the
business and affairs of Great Homes and of each other whether obtained
from that party or any third party (“the Information”);
disclose the Information to any person other than its employees, agents
and/or consultants involved in the implementation of this agreement,
without that party’s prior written consent;
the Information solely in connection with the implementation of this
agreement and not for its own benefit or that of any third party; and.
confidential the terms and conditions of this agreement.
provisions of this clause do not apply to any Information which is:
developed by the recipient;
available without breach of this agreement; or
for disclosure by the disclosing party with its written consent.
the content on the Portals, including any and all graphics, text, icons,
photographs, videos, hyperlinks, private information, designs, trademarks,
software, databases, agreements, the name ” Great Homes ” and
the associated logo (which are both registered trademarks) the Portals
source code, copyrights and any modifications and/or upgrades thereto, is
the intellectual property of Great Homes.
Clients and Users must not reverse-engineer or attempt to copy the
Portals in any way. The Client and Users may not use any automatic device
or manual process to monitor or copy any part of the Portals.
AND VIDEO CONTENT
the extent that Great Homes produces or procures any videos, virtual
tours or photographic content, including High Definition videos and High
Dynamic Range photography, (collectively “Visual Content”)
for the Client, at the Client’s request and cost:
Homes will at all times own all the copyright and other intellectual
property in the Visual Content;
Homes licences the Client to link or use the Visual Content on its own
estate agency website and its own social media platforms, provided that
the specific media platform has been approved in writing by Great Homes
in its Acceptable Usage Policy or elsewhere and has not been expressly
prohibited by Great Homes in any document or notification;
Client and the Users may not digitally link, nor permit or direct the
placement of, the Visual Content on any other website or digital
marketing platform whatsoever, except as set out above.
breach by the Client of the obligations in this clause will be a material
breach of this agreement, entitling Great Homes to suspend or terminate
its service to the Client.
Homes may, in its discretion, amend the nature or format of the Visual
Content that it makes available for subscription or use by the Client.
OF ADVERTISEMENTS BY CLIENTS ON GREAT HOMES PORTALS
Each client acknowledges and agrees that:
- it must comply with Great Homes’s procedures and deadlines for the placement of advertisements on the Portals and Great Homes will only be bound by orders that Great Homes has confirmed in writing and Great Homes shall not submit proof of publication to the client;
- although every effort will be made to meet the wishes of the client, no undertaking can be given in this regard in respect of the date of publication, the form and conditions of the entry/is the number of copies and place of publication;
- no variation (cancellation or alteration) shall be effective unless it is recorded in writing and signed by both parties and if so must reach Great Homes one week prior to publication date of the issue for which advertisement has been placed/booked;
- advertisement orders are accepted subject to editorial space being available;
- adverts will only be placed after full payment in terms of the order has been received by the Great Homes, unless a specific credit arrangement has been entered into with the client;
- if there is any cancellation of any period of advertising in terms of a confirmed order by the client, the discount will cease to apply for the entire duration of the advertising period until cancellation date. The remaining pro-rata balance will be paid back to the client if pre-payment has been received by the client;
- it is responsible for, and hereby undertakes to pay Great Homes for all expenses which Great Homes may incur arising out of the client’s default, including all costs of tracing the client, collection commission and all legal costs as between attorney and client;
- Great Homes is entitled to withhold or withdraw any advertisement from publication and to cancel any advertisement order that has been accepted;
- any advertisement considered unsuitable for publication by reason of its appearance, import, age, content or wording may be revised or refused or withdrawn from publication;
- it shall have no claim against Great Homes whatsoever by virtue of any failure to publish or for publication on dates other than those stipulated by the client, or any typographical or any other errors of any kind or for any loss or damages in consequence of any of the above;
- Great Homes reserves the right to suspend issue on any day and to increase or decrease the usual number of editions printed without notice and the costs will be changed accordingly and clients will be advised;
- space is sold to the client for the purpose of making announcements concerning his own business and also may not be used for attacking or making comparisons with other clients, firms institutions or persons;
- until cancelled (T.C.) orders may be discontinued on a week’s notice prior to publication date by either Great Homes or client except in the case of guaranteed or special positions when one month’s notice is required;
- should it not meet its frequency or volume commitment, Great Homes may charge the top rate. This also applies when a contract is cancelled prior to completion;
- should it exceed its monthly commitment, no reduction shall be rebated for advertising which has already appeared. However, the contract may be revised by the client’s request where after the lower rate shall apply;
- any client or advertising practitioner placing an advertisement in any Great Homes publication indemnifies that publication against any liability whether in respect of damages, cost or otherwise that it may incur as a result of the publication of that advertisement;
- Great Homes is hereby indemnified against the publication of any misuse of photos due to public domain;
- any advertising must conform to Government, Advertising Standards Authority and Great Homes’s requirements for the acceptance of advertisements;
- where advertisements are booked and material arrives after deadline or fails to arrive, the space may still be charged for by Great Homes;
- it is the responsibility of the client to report any errors in advertisements within two days of publication;
- it has received a copy of the advertisement tariff card of Great Homes;
- the deadlines of Great Homes may be varied at any time;
- If Great Homes fails to insert or place a booked advertisement, the said booking will be included in calculating the contract fulfillment;
- no liability for any errors in translation will be accepted by Great Homes;
- the booking of advertisements pursuant to this contract must be in writing duly signed by the client or his agent and specify the publication/s in which the advertisement should appear and dates of publication;
- copyright on all advertising material originated by Great Homes is owned by Great Homes regardless of whether published or not.
- Great Homes may cede or assign any of its rights or obligations in terms of this agreement or sub-contract any of its obligations in terms of this agreement without requiring the prior consent of the Client/User.
- The Client/User may not cede or assign any of its rights or obligations in terms of this agreement without Great Homes ‘s prior written consent.
- DISPUTES AND LEGAL
- Either party may refer any dispute which arises out of this agreement to the other party for resolution and the parties must meet within 10 Days thereof to resolve the matter or to agree on alternate dispute proceedings, failing which either party may take any action appropriate. If the parties elect arbitration, the arbitration must be in Johannesburg, before a single arbitrator. This clause does not prevent either party from applying to any court having jurisdiction for appropriate urgent relief.
- South African law governs the interpretation of these T&C’s.